cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verbose

Andy2345
Level 6

There are two ways this can be done :

To increase the verbose level of all logs (except vault)
Add the entry VERBOSE = <level> into /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf.  <level> is a value between 0 and 5, with 5 being the highest.

To increase the verbose level of a specific process:
Add the entry <PROCESS>_VERBOSE = <level> into /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bp.conf, for example

BPTM_VERBOSE = 5
VAULT_VERBOSE = 5  (note, this must be set to increase the verbose level for/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/vault).

Note:  Not all processes can be individually selected for a custom VERBOSE level in the bp.conf file

@Martin:This was ur post which i was reading.

Note:  Not all processes can be individually selected for a custom VERBOSE level in the bp.conf file.

What all process cannot be selected here?

How to do this in case of widows master server?Path of registry?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I had a flick through the manual, I dodn't notice the processes mentioned that can be set individually.

However, I then looked in the GUI, beacuse and the anser is fairly clear, as the GUI only allows certain processes to be set individually.

So I set them, and looked in bp.conf ...

BPDBM_VERBOSE = 2
BPRD_VERBOSE = 2
BPBRM_VERBOSE = 1
BPTM_VERBOSE = 1
BPDM_VERBOSE = 1
VAULT_VERBOSE = 2
BPJOBD_VERBOSE = 1

You need to learn ways to work things out - I didn't know the exact answer (memory issues ...) - but it is not that hard to work out.

As mentioned, these can be set in the GUI, probably the easiest way on windows.  Perhaps you could set them on a windows machine, and then look in the registry to see the result.

Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please read through chapter 3 of Troubleshooting Guide: Using logs.

All your questions are answered there. Note in this chapter the difference between legacy and unified logs.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I had a flick through the manual, I dodn't notice the processes mentioned that can be set individually.

However, I then looked in the GUI, beacuse and the anser is fairly clear, as the GUI only allows certain processes to be set individually.

So I set them, and looked in bp.conf ...

BPDBM_VERBOSE = 2
BPRD_VERBOSE = 2
BPBRM_VERBOSE = 1
BPTM_VERBOSE = 1
BPDM_VERBOSE = 1
VAULT_VERBOSE = 2
BPJOBD_VERBOSE = 1

You need to learn ways to work things out - I didn't know the exact answer (memory issues ...) - but it is not that hard to work out.

As mentioned, these can be set in the GUI, probably the easiest way on windows.  Perhaps you could set them on a windows machine, and then look in the registry to see the result.

Martin

gc_bus
Level 4

Beware of using verbose (5 especially) for too long as this can soon fill up your master/media/client file storage.

XavierSykes
Level 0

Veritax open exchange has a forum about comments with the commander trace. So, you should check essay help to improve your writing skills. It includes resisting the regular season connection, known as “TRANSIENT”. They have added many tags that can be beneficial.

FillSmith
Level 3

Are you struggling with your physics homework? Look no further than source! This online service offers expert guidance and personalized support to help you excel in your studies. Try us out today and watch your grades soar!