cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vm full backup

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

We are facing escalations because of skip of FULL backups from 1000 of VM in the environment.

We have around 20 deactivated policies and 50 activated policy.

We are using intelligent VMware policies.Please suggest any method.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay - I see the problem - the position of the "done" in the for loop - I missed that previsouly.

Try this instead:

for in `cat allvmpun1235.txt`;do echo "Client:$i";./bpimagelist -d 06/01/2019 00:00:00 -e 06/17/2019 00:00:00 -client $i -l | awk '/^IMAGE/ {print $2, $7, $11}' | egrep -i "week|Full"; done

Previously the egrep was removing the "Client: $i" line from the output - my mistake for not testing.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Krutons
   VIP   

You're going to have to provide more information for us to try to help you.

Are the 'skipped' VM's failing with a status 196 because they didn't run during their available window?
What version of NetBackup are you running on master/media servers?
What version of vSphere are you running?

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

Are the 'skipped' VM's failing with a status 196 because they didn't run during their available window?

Sometimes some VM are failed with some error and sometimes with other error.there are 1000 VM in the environment.It is difficult for us to see what VM has not run in last 2 weeks.

I need something script or command so that i can run and look what all VM dont have FULL backup from last 2 week.(Active policies clients) and also the NON VM policy type(MS windows clients)

What version of NetBackup are you running on master/media servers?

NBU 7.7.3

What version of vSphere are you running?

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

I somehow manage to have the list of ACTIVE VM in the environment.

Now i onlt need the bpimagelist syntax to get all those VM who do no have full backup from 1 april to 26 april 2019.

Below command is giving me what all we have.But not what all we dont have

for i in `cat allvm26-4-2019.txt`;do ./bpimagelist -d 04/01/2019 00:00:00 -e 04/26/2019 00:00:00 -client $i -l; done|awk '/^IMAGE/ {print $2, $7, $11}'|egrep -i "week|biweekly|weekly"

i need the systax that can give what all we dont have in weekly FULL backup. i.e what all clients who dont have weekly full backup from 1 april to 26 april

I think simply restarting of the snapshot jobs ended in 196 will do.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You are tirelessly asking for the same thing over and over again. In the previous discussion there was hint for you that you should address the core issue. On this, you have opened this discussion and your answer for VM backup skipping reason was that there "some errors" and "other errors". We really cannot help you with this level of information.

Remember that VIP based policiy runs gives priority to VM's which failed during previous backup attempts so when you dont have backup of a certain VM for some period of time there must be something wrong at a VMware level. So it is not likely error 196 (but we dont even know from you if it is status 196... ).

Regards

Michal

Marianne

@noazara wrote:

I somehow manage to have the list of ACTIVE VM in the environment.

i need the systax that can give what all we dont have in weekly FULL backup. i.e what all clients who dont have weekly full backup from 1 april to 26 april

It is impossible for bpimagelist to give you information about clients NOT backed up.

bpimagelist will only report on successful clients.
The client names in '-client $i' with no backups in the specified period will produce status 227 (No entity found).

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

Thanks Marianne.

its giving no entity found but not giving the client name with that.

Mouse

Let me rephrase it - you're getting escalations because backups are failing. Now you've been asked in order for us to help you to provide any information about the cause of the failures. Solving the failed backups will ultimately end the escalations.

You can track VM clients that have not been backed up using the Virtual Client Summary report in OpsCenter (https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/67898349-127431275-0/v34978544-127431275). 

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

Thanks Mouse.

i need the list of active netbackup VM (those are in the active NBU policy) who do not have the FULL backup from last 15 days.

Need to know the command or script (for both VMware clients-using Intelligent policies and MS windows clients) to find out the list of who do not have the FULL backup from last 15 days.

Mouse

OpsCenter has this information, you can write a custom SQL query for this.

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

Thanks Mouse.

Thats what i am looking for.

OpsCenter has this information, you can write a custom SQL query for this : Can you help me with this please mate.

Mouse

Nope, I don't have anything similar ready.

If it affects the business just hire a consultant, otherwise if you have time there's a plenty of guides how to DIY

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

@KrutonsIf you can help on this

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

@KrutonsIf you can help on this

You could simply modify your existing script to also show the VM name (see the bold text below) -

for i in `cat allvm26-4-2019.txt`;do echo "Client: $i"; ./bpimagelist -d 04/01/2019 00:00:00 -e 04/26/2019 00:00:00 -client $i -l; done|awk '/^IMAGE/ {print $2, $7, $11}'|egrep -i "week|biweekly|weekly"

then if there are lines like:

Client: VM0
VM0 Policy0 Sched0
Client: VM1
Client: VM2
VM2 Policy2 Sched2

You will know that VM1 has not had a recent backup.

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

Thanks.

Still it is showing : no entity was found.

No client name is coming along with "no entity was found"

I need the CLient name with "no entity found".

Currently getting below output:

VM0 Policy0 Sched0

no entity found

no entity found

no entity found

VM1 Policy1 Sched1

VM2 Policy2 Sched2

Marianne

@noazara 

Did you add  echo "Client: $i" ?

Please have another look at @davidmoline 's post? 

noazara
VIP
   VIP   

Yes I did add.

for in `cat allvmpun1235.txt`;do echo "Client:$i";./bpimagelist -d 06/01/2019 00:00:00 -e 06/17/2019 00:00:00 -client $i -l; done|awk '/^IMAGE/ {print $2, $7, $11}'|egrep -i "week|Full"
vm1 pol1 svhed1

vm2 pol1 svhed2

vm1 pol1 svhed1

Okay - I see the problem - the position of the "done" in the for loop - I missed that previsouly.

Try this instead:

for in `cat allvmpun1235.txt`;do echo "Client:$i";./bpimagelist -d 06/01/2019 00:00:00 -e 06/17/2019 00:00:00 -client $i -l | awk '/^IMAGE/ {print $2, $7, $11}' | egrep -i "week|Full"; done

Previously the egrep was removing the "Client: $i" line from the output - my mistake for not testing.