cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vmware individual file restore not configurable

Gosiame
Level 3

Hi,

I've got a server running Windows 2008 R2 SP1 that doesn't allow me to configure an individual file restore (select for restore - restore from normal backup) but can open the .vmdk file  restore window.(select for restore - restore from virtual machine backup). Master server running Netbackup 7.1.0.3 and the client running Windows 2008 R2 SP1 with VMWare VSphere v4.1. Are there any permission settings on the Windows side as i can do both individual files and .vmdk restores on other servers having exactly the same softwares.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are all of your servers in the same policy?

If so then at least you know they have the same settings as it is the snapshot option of MApped Full VM that gives you the individual file restore ability

Other than that it depends on your exact process - are you opening the BAR GUI on the Master or Media Server - just as many details as you can  give (Is the server a Template etc. etc.)

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are all of your servers in the same policy?

If so then at least you know they have the same settings as it is the snapshot option of MApped Full VM that gives you the individual file restore ability

Other than that it depends on your exact process - are you opening the BAR GUI on the Master or Media Server - just as many details as you can  give (Is the server a Template etc. etc.)

Thanks