cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vmware netbackup web plugin incorrectly shows backup dates

polluxkj
Level 2

Hi, netbackup plugin for vmware shows incorrect date (1/1/1970 - begining of unix epoch) in some places (summary, last successful backup, virtual machines etc.). It looks like it is unable to get or parse properly backup date while ending and setting attributes. It is strange but on some policies it works fine and on some not. I do not find any config differences with these policies.  Sometimes it is able to set properly backup date and the NB_LAST_BACKUP attribute... Master Server works on Linux (Centos/RedHat). I have configured to send all events to the plugin.

Also is there a way to change default date format shown in this plugin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, I have reset  bpstart_notify.xxx and bpend_notify.xxx scripts to default and now backup dates seems to be ok in the plugin. The scripts were customized to make some precautions before backup and at the end waited for all backup jobs to end properly.

thnx

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

eduncan
Level 5
Employee

What locale are you using on the vCenter?

eduncan
Level 5
Employee

As I look closer at the screenshot you provided.

The NB_LAST_BACKUP is generated at the time of the snapshot delete call after the backup of the VM is completed.

I can't confirm this is a Web Plugin issue, as it appears that the custom annotation is the beginning of ctime outside of the web plugin.

So your focus should be bpfis/vCenter communication at the end of the job.  If this is the only VM that shows the problem, then you might have had a point in time issue.

I am using VCSA and only timezone was changed to CET Europe/Warsaw

Netbackup -> LANG=en_US.UTF8 and tz CET Europe/Warsaw as well.

Well, I have reset  bpstart_notify.xxx and bpend_notify.xxx scripts to default and now backup dates seems to be ok in the plugin. The scripts were customized to make some precautions before backup and at the end waited for all backup jobs to end properly.

thnx