cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning: unable to obtain list using specified search criteria

________o
Level 4

hi,

when i try open backup achive and restore GUI and choice server to restore show error warning: unable to obtain list using specified search criteria

my veritas ver 7.5 under windows 2008

37 REPLIES 37

________o
Level 4

after investgation found Altpath file under c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\db\images\BAP-S-ECDB write on it the below

E:\VERITAS\NETBACKUP\Alternate_db\BAP_S_ECDB

this is show why i found under altpath drive 2 folder one called bap-s-ecdb and another called BAP_S_ECDB

now when i check image under BAP_S_ECDB i found image till date today

________o
Level 4

thanks jeffhhs

but i am used netbackup under windows not under linux

Jeff_Foglietta
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Same thing applies in windows.. Check your browse directory value... Change it to "\" or "c:\"

Jeff_Foglietta
Level 5

Just noticed your post... OK .. Moved the catalog databases on you did they? :)

________o
Level 4

kindly show me how i can applies on windows becuse i can't found browse directory

Jeff_Foglietta
Level 5

The screenshots i posted are of the backup, archive and restore window in the NBU admin console. This is no different between the two platforms. Can you post a screenshot of what your looking at?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Client folder names under db\images are created by NB first time backup runs for each client.

When images are moved, the Backup Admin creates the folders in ...\Alternate_db, then go back to client folder under images, create ALTPATH text file and enter new folder name under  Alternate_db in ALTPATH file. So,  NBU is putting images in the 'right' folder.

Now that we have determined that hostname is 'correct', we need to look at the rest of search criteria.

The next search parameter after Client Name is the policy type. Please open the Policy and tell us what the Policy Type is set to?

****EDIT*****

I'm starting to think that you might be correct about this being a bug....

If we look at the green and blue dots in your screenshot, it means that the header files have been found (correct search criteria).
Now we know that the header files are move to the EMM database in NBU 7.5. 'Files' files (.f) are left in original location.

I am starting to wonder if ALTPATH is correctly used in 7.5 to follow the path to Alternate_db in the case of browse/restore.

Please open a Support call with Symantec.
(Please be prepared to submit lots of verbose logs....)

Marianne
Level 6

Jeff,

BAR GUI in Windows Admin Console is totally different to BAR in Java Console.

________o
Level 4

the policy type is MS-Windows I would like to explain that the BAP-S-ECDB include another 5 servers run in the same policy and all of them open restore GUI successfully

Unfortunately my support with Symantec ended and now i am process new support paper to renewal support

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Looking at your first scren shot we see that there are blue (incremental) and green (full) symbols for the client involved and it looks like you have one of each selected so it is looking in the right place, client and date - but still returns that no information can be found

This implies that the client is doing its full and incremental backups successfully but is not backing up any files - perhaps just an empty folder.

Check the actual backups for the client - either in activity monitor or in the Client Backup Reports to see how many files and kb those backups actually report.

If on a few kb then check the policy configuration and clients exclude list as you may just be backing up an empty folder.

Jeff_Foglietta
Level 5

Yes I know they are Marianne.. I hadn't seen his screenshots before I posted. Trying to do too many things at once.. :)   Saw the error in the post, assumed admin console and quickly just threw out what I had..

________o
Level 4

thanx mark for your replay but i am sure about backup job completed successfully with backup data not empty backup

Marianne
Level 6

Please run 'Client Backup Report' for this client and show us a screenshot of the result.

I'm wondering if NBU 7.5 has a problem following ALTPATH link. It seems to be functioning correctly for backup but not for browse/restore.

I think you were extremely 'brave' to upgrade without a support contract in place.

________o
Level 4

thanx marianne i wolud like to ask about client backup report is this like run normal backup but from clien site or what

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
In the NetBackup admin console go to the reports section then client backup reports Run it for that client for a couple of days so that we can see the kb counts

________o
Level 4

kindly find attached file

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Certainly data there then.

So looks like Mariannes hunch is sounding good .... so where do you go with no support in place?

What i suggest here is at your own risk but not sure where else you can go with this ...

So, if you have the disk space, copy the folders with the numbers 2000002220 etc from under the alt db location for that client to the original location and try again

If that works then you will need to move everything back and remove the altpath files

Good luck

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

been on training for a week - did you ever try my suggestion to see if it worked for you?