Highlighted

what do i do to reboot my master server Symantec netbackup 7.6.0.1 linux Oracle Linux Server release 6.4

I need reboot my master server, but I want to be sure to do it in the best way.

what services should I stop before of the reboot?

what services should I start after of the reboot?

what suggestion can you tell me to do this activity?

symantec has a procedure to reboot of the master server?

master server

Symantec netbackup 7.6.0.1

SO linux Oracle Linux Server release 6.4

thank you so much.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

By default, all NetBackup

By default, all NetBackup daemons will be stopped in shutdown process and start in startup process. If no jobs are running, just reboot the host. Check job state by "bpdbjobs -report" command. If any jobs are running and you would cancel them, run "bpdbjobs -cancel_all". You can check running NetBackup processes by "bpps -a". After reboot, check processes by "bpps -a". Adding to above, if you would like to suspend backup scheduling, run "nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling". To resume, "nbpemreq -resume_scheduling".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Makre sure no jobs in

Makre sure no jobs in Netbackup are active , then stop Netbackup before rebooting:

/etc/init.d/netbackup stop

Then as root : shutdown -r now

4 Replies
Accepted Solution!

By default, all NetBackup

By default, all NetBackup daemons will be stopped in shutdown process and start in startup process. If no jobs are running, just reboot the host. Check job state by "bpdbjobs -report" command. If any jobs are running and you would cancel them, run "bpdbjobs -cancel_all". You can check running NetBackup processes by "bpps -a". After reboot, check processes by "bpps -a". Adding to above, if you would like to suspend backup scheduling, run "nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling". To resume, "nbpemreq -resume_scheduling".

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Makre sure no jobs in

Makre sure no jobs in Netbackup are active , then stop Netbackup before rebooting:

/etc/init.d/netbackup stop

Then as root : shutdown -r now

Highlighted

Thank you for yours answers,

Thank you for yours answers, but I wonder, when the master server startup again after reset , What kind of services are necessary, to check the correct operation of the master server?

Highlighted

Services are normally set to

Services are normally set to start upon reboot. 

You can run bpps command before & after and compare the output.