cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do i do to reboot my master server Symantec netbackup 7.6.0.1 linux Oracle Linux Server release 6.4

diegomauricior
Level 3

I need reboot my master server, but I want to be sure to do it in the best way.

what services should I stop before of the reboot?

what services should I start after of the reboot?

what suggestion can you tell me to do this activity?

symantec has a procedure to reboot of the master server?

master server

Symantec netbackup 7.6.0.1

SO linux Oracle Linux Server release 6.4

thank you so much.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
By default, all NetBackup daemons will be stopped in shutdown process and start in startup process. If no jobs are running, just reboot the host. Check job state by "bpdbjobs -report" command. If any jobs are running and you would cancel them, run "bpdbjobs -cancel_all". You can check running NetBackup processes by "bpps -a". After reboot, check processes by "bpps -a". Adding to above, if you would like to suspend backup scheduling, run "nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling". To resume, "nbpemreq -resume_scheduling".

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Makre sure no jobs in Netbackup are active , then stop Netbackup before rebooting:

/etc/init.d/netbackup stop

Then as root : shutdown -r now

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
By default, all NetBackup daemons will be stopped in shutdown process and start in startup process. If no jobs are running, just reboot the host. Check job state by "bpdbjobs -report" command. If any jobs are running and you would cancel them, run "bpdbjobs -cancel_all". You can check running NetBackup processes by "bpps -a". After reboot, check processes by "bpps -a". Adding to above, if you would like to suspend backup scheduling, run "nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling". To resume, "nbpemreq -resume_scheduling".

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Makre sure no jobs in Netbackup are active , then stop Netbackup before rebooting:

/etc/init.d/netbackup stop

Then as root : shutdown -r now

diegomauricior
Level 3

Thank you for yours answers, but I wonder, when the master server startup again after reset , What kind of services are necessary, to check the correct operation of the master server?

Will_Restore
Level 6

Services are normally set to start upon reboot. 

You can run bpps command before & after and compare the output.