Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the best way for the volser for encrption+multi site with existing 6.5

unixlife
Level 4
Partner

Hello viewer,

I have currently STK SL500+NB 6.5 on Solaris 10. Media's are now labelled as normal without encryption.

Now I have procured new 4xLTO5+SL500+NB7 with encryption. I also have similar setup in DR. I heared there is only one volser range allowed for encrypted tapes indecision

Please let me know what's the best way to lablel the tape with encrption? Shall use diffrent media color for diffrent sites or use volser 6 alpha-numeric id in which first three charactors can be used for per site. Or use ASCII option for whole site as open system? I am running oracel DB and filenet plus some windows boxes.

Please help...

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I guess you procured the tape base encryption Oracle is offering ?.

Please observe Netbackup also offer tape based encryption based on the T10 standart. Configuring this is documented in the Security and Encryption Guide chapter 6

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/340140.pdf

unixlife
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for your valuable comment..below is the details of what's included for encryption;

LTO-ENCRYPT-ACTIVE     Encryption activation for 1 StorageTek LTO-5 tape drive to exchange encryption information with Oracle Key Management System

Also there is some thing interesteing is;

CRYPTO-KMA-23  StorageTek Crypto Key Management System Appliance rackmount model with Pre-loaded Solaris

I do not know whether it's for SYMANTEC or ORACLE encryption.  Please help...