cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what this means:cannot connect on socket

NIKHIL234656595
Level 6

11:27:54.294 [31432] <16> bptestbpcd main: Function ConnectToBPCD(rocky23) failed: 25

<2>bptestbpcd: cannot connect on socket

11:27:54.294 [31432] <2> bptestbpcd: cannot connect on socket

<2>bptestbpcd: EXIT status = 25

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

It means the host that you ran bptestbpcd FROM could not connect to the client or server destination.

Set-up bpcd logs on the destination server and see if a connection ever arrives, if not check firewall settings

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

It means the host that you ran bptestbpcd FROM could not connect to the client or server destination.

Set-up bpcd logs on the destination server and see if a connection ever arrives, if not check firewall settings

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It means that the server that you are running bpptestbpcd on is unable to make a socket connection to the client.  Usually due to a service not running, firewall  or network issue.

Martin

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try this link:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Asymantec.com+netbackup+status+25+bptestbpcd

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Marianne, very good smiley

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

LoL yes

Kisad
Level 5

Dude spare some time and read the documentations and admin guides.In short get familiar with the basics.

Will_Restore
Level 6

enlightened

RaymT___
Level 4

Hi All,

I would like to develep indepth skills in drives, library checks and log analysing skills in netbackup. As im doing remote support alot of restrictions and dont have much indepth troubleshooting knowledge. I know some basic steps to check the drives in acls(q dr), mount/Dis mount in medias, how do i go for on it..

Please guide me how do i start to learn indepth....