cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is Solaris SPARC nbu 7.6.0.1 client?

manatee
Level 6

i have upgrade my master server to 7.6.0.3 and now upgrading my Windows and Solaris clients.

after some searching i finally found the link for the Windows client upgrade from 7.5.0.5 to 7.6.0.1 as well as to 7.6.0.3 version.

however, i am having difficulties finding the client upgrade for Solaris SPARC from 7.5.0.5 to 7.6.0.1. i found for 7.6.0.3 client and server upgrade  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217819 (which contains links for Windows and UNIX) but i am unable to find the 7.6.0.1 link for the client and server upgrade.

appreciate any help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

From the README file.

NetBackup Unix Clients 1 
  AIX, FreeBSD, HP paRisc & IA64, Mac, Solaris Sparc & X86
 NetBackup_7.6.0.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz 
 [ MD5: c6dfaf03f5847ecd39598f14118563bf  ]

So you need to download the NetBackup Unix Client 1 package if you are looking for only the NetBackup client binaries for Solaris Sparc i.e. "NetBackup_7.6.0.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

you need to go to fileconnect.symantec.com for the 7.6.0.1 however, if your master server is a Unix or Linux machine the 7.6.0.1 package you used for the master server should have included the clients package as well.

manatee
Level 6

yes that's where i got the 7.6.0.1 files for my master server. i also downloaded the file for Solaris SPARC (there is only one) and installed it, at the end it asks for a key. this means it's a server install, not a client install.

manatee
Level 6

basically i'm looking for the 7.6.0.1 equivalent of this link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217819 because that link contains files for all OS supported.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
You need to download the NetBackup Client packages from file connect. You will find a Read me file in fileconnect which will tell you which client split file contains binaries for which OS. Usually the files named NB_CLT* are the client packages.

Will_Restore
Level 6

from the README file

NetBackup Unix Clients 1
 [ MD5: c6dfaf03f5847ecd39598f14118563bf  ]

download, unzip, and install from that file  NetBackup_7.6.0.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

From the README file.

NetBackup Unix Clients 1 
 [ MD5: c6dfaf03f5847ecd39598f14118563bf  ]

So you need to download the NetBackup Unix Client 1 package if you are looking for only the NetBackup client binaries for Solaris Sparc i.e. "NetBackup_7.6.0.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz"

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per all of the above posts, the README file on FileConnect is always the 1st file to download.

I have attached a copy here.

manatee
Level 6

this is the one i downloaded

NetBackup Solaris 64 bit Server/Client
 NetBackup_7.6.0.1_Solaris_x86.tar.gz 

and it's misleading.

last night i downloaded

NetBackup Unix Clients 1 

which is the correct package.

Will_Restore
Level 6

It is confusing though technically correct since it include client files for the server.