cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which training is appropriate

manatee
Level 6

hi. i've been managing NBU since 6.5 by trial and error (no formal training) and since then i've gathered a mix of advanced and basics knowledge of NBU. however, that is not enough as i still find myself scratching my head what command/s to use. i'm thinking of taking a formal training course but i'm afraid with my experience (however mix they are), i would just be bored in class.

is there such a tailored training available for people like me who are just starting with formal training yet already have vast experience with NBU?

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I have a different approach to training. I still see something useful in even the entry level NetBackup training. (This is also why I am so addicted to this forum - in addition to helping with issues, I still see something new every day. ) Have you had a look at the free online training on the Veritas training site? I have not seen custom training that fits your requirements. There is basic and advanced training available. Still nothing that beats hands-on experience and this forum!

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Well trainings are mostly version specific ? I doubt you will find anything for 6.5... All the trainings whihc would be available from Veritas will be on 7.x ?

W.r.t you query... why dont you download the commands guide and that does all the job for you ?

If your objective is to learn something called as basic and advanced ..you can start with adminguide 1 and then 2.. once completed go for troubleshooting, performance tuning  and best practices guide...

You should be good to go after this .....

manatee
Level 6

i agree. whatever knowledge/experience i have now were gained hands-on, over trial and error, plus this forum. just that sometimes it gets frustrating when so much is expected when no formal training was even provided.

oh well, that's life.

manatee
Level 6

exactly what i'm doing. gets tiring though with too much reading :)

will check the free online courses mentioned.

thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is life with NBU. You never stop reading up as things change all the time. I've been doing this for 17 years. I sometimes feel that I'm getting too old for this. Working for a Partner, I need to re-do certifications every 2 years. And at no point did I ever feel that it is becoming too easy or that I can do it 'in my sleep'.

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Marianne,

Your efforts are truely appericated and I agree NBU is continuous learning process :)