cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the /usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -version is 1.4 but not 1.5 after installed NBU654on NB65GA on AIX53(5300-07-08-0918)

brant
Level 3
Employee

I have a NB65GA on AIX53(5300-07-08-0918) now.
Then I copy the NB654(20090429)(include NB_CLT_6.5.4, NB_JAV_6.5.4, NB_6.5.4) to local on the AIX.
And extract them, and execute ./NB_update.install and it finished successfully.
Then I checked the /usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -version, it is 1.4.

But I think it should be java version "1.5.0.15".
Because once I noted it displayed as java version "1.5.0.15" on AIX( I forgot the AIX's oslevel), and the GUI is better.
And on HP-UX 11.23, it displayed java version "1.5.0.15" also, so did Solaris10U6.

I'd like to know what trigger the NBU install JAVA 1.4 OR JAVA 1.5 on NBU.
Anybody can help me out?
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Don't have any clue for the default version but you can upgrade it... For AIX systems go to: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/index.html a. Click on the download link for the appropriate platform under the JTZU utility downloads section b. Extract the files to a temporary directory on the system, e.g. /tmp/javatz c. Edit the /tmp/javatz/runjtzuenv.sh file and set the configuration values: JAVA_HOME=/usr/openv/java/jre NOGUI=false DISCOVERONLY=true d. Launch the IBM Time Zone Update Utility for Java. This is a GUI utility and the system DISPLAY setting must point to a valid system: # export DISPLAY=:0 # sh /tmp/javatz/runjtzu.sh e. Select Interactive Mode and click Start f. Enter the location of the NetBackup implementation of the JRE (/usr/openv/java/jre) and click Update. The shell window will display the status of the upgrade. Check the output to ensure the installation is successful. g. Wait until the upgrade is successful then select Exit once the upgrade is complete

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

brant
Level 3
Employee
Any body in?
If you have something unclear, please raise it.
Thank you all the same.

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Don't have any clue for the default version but you can upgrade it... For AIX systems go to: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/index.html a. Click on the download link for the appropriate platform under the JTZU utility downloads section b. Extract the files to a temporary directory on the system, e.g. /tmp/javatz c. Edit the /tmp/javatz/runjtzuenv.sh file and set the configuration values: JAVA_HOME=/usr/openv/java/jre NOGUI=false DISCOVERONLY=true d. Launch the IBM Time Zone Update Utility for Java. This is a GUI utility and the system DISPLAY setting must point to a valid system: # export DISPLAY=:0 # sh /tmp/javatz/runjtzu.sh e. Select Interactive Mode and click Start f. Enter the location of the NetBackup implementation of the JRE (/usr/openv/java/jre) and click Update. The shell window will display the status of the upgrade. Check the output to ensure the installation is successful. g. Wait until the upgrade is successful then select Exit once the upgrade is complete

brant
Level 3
Employee
Thank you Deepak!