cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 2012 client is not showing up on nbu console

ln037
Level 3
Partner

I installed client agent v7.6.0.1 on a windows 2012 VM but it's not showing up on the nbu console. My NBU server is also v7.6.0.1 Based on the installation doc, I disabled UAC in control panel & also login locally with the administrator account. I tried this on another windows 2012 VM & am having the same problem. Has anyone seen this? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just to make sure, have you added the client to a policy yet? Also make sure you have foward and reverse lookup between client and servers. 

When you have checked those things the client should appear in the clients list

Also you mentioned this is a VM, are you doing a VMware backup or just a windows backup?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just to make sure, have you added the client to a policy yet? Also make sure you have foward and reverse lookup between client and servers. 

When you have checked those things the client should appear in the clients list

Also you mentioned this is a VM, are you doing a VMware backup or just a windows backup?

ln037
Level 3
Partner

Thanks, after adding the client to the Exchange policy the client showed up. To backup passive databases in an Exchange 2013 DAG, is there any settings I need to config, etc?

Dan_42
Level 4
Partner Accredited

If you back up a dag, an MS-Exchange-Serve policy by default attempts to grab the passive copy. Make sure the client name is the dag name, check perform snapshot backups, granular recovery if you want it. See p. 93 of the Exchange Admin guide. 

Edit: have you configured a suitable service account per the guide with appropriate group membership and permissions?

Edit2: also, since it sounds like this is the first time you're doing an Exchange policy, if you intend on doing granulars and want to back up to tape, be sure to read p. 98 of the Exchange Admin guide. 

ln037
Level 3
Partner

Yes service account created with right permissions. Backup via disk on SAN storage.