cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NS SP5 and MR2 Releases Today 9/29/2010 - KA BOOM!

GEiST23
Not applicable
Partner

Today, in my Symantec practice I had two of my engineers working with customers to install and/or update Altiris CMS 7.0 SP4 to SP5 along with a number of updated MR 2 solutions.

And in each case the service pack / maintenance release update went horribly wrong. Each Altiris CMS installation was damaged requiring level 3 support from Symantec.

My engineers got through to support and they let us know that somone copied the wrong files to the solutionsam FTP site!

I believe Symantec owes us an apology for wasting our customers time and resources and for making my consulting firm look bad in front of the customer.

Please, anyone feel free to share your thoughts....

3 REPLIES 3

treyjack
Level 2

Yep, it wrecked our environment too. According to my tech they are hopping to relase the fixes tonight for this update gone wrong. Has anyone else heard anything?

Ian_C_1
Level 4
Partner

There certainly are reasons for being unhappy with Symantec. Sure, Symantec needs to fix what & how the file got uploaded. Their internal HR & Technical processes should deal with that.

You / your consulting firm chose to deploy into production without testing that install media in a Dev/Test/Qual environment at the clients site. You too share the blame. Not only Symantec.

treyjack
Level 2

Yep, guilty as charged. :)

On that note, I just had 4 updates, one being SMP SP5,  show up in the SIM on one of my Notification Servers. Will be running it on ONE of mine instead of all of them. Wish me luck.

Trey