cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Community Participation?

GRH
Level 4
Partner
 I'm curious what other sites you frequent and what other online communities you visit and participate in regularly? I'm not talking about Facebook or MySpace, but more professional communities like this one, or Partnerpedia, or CNET's community, even LinkedIn, or others? Let me know where you go, and what you like or don't like about other communities. 

Thanks Glenn
8 REPLIES 8

Naor_Penso
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Well,
there is one community im on that mind worth mentioning:
1) Petri.co.il - Daniel Petri is a Microsoft MVP for ages and he opened years ago the petri forums and a blog, its a very large community that has a lot of knowledge in the Microsoft area.

GRH
Level 4
Partner
I will check that out. I would like to use this space to be able to share good information from a whole lot of sources. Who else has good social community resources to share?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
HP ITRC...HP IT Resource Centre. Good for any hardware issues being experienced.

GRH
Level 4
Partner
Keep sharing your online resources, and I'll compile a bigger list for everyone to check out.

Pascal_KOTTE1
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi, also helping in a user group Altiris, I am also in research of Internet Space for sharing & communications.
- LinkedIn is just sharing & following Contact, with some stuff to store (& share files?) I am not using.
- Symantec Connect is a good forum place, but not easy to navigate, and with the missing a true connect email/like News/Forum capabilities. So Users can not send a email to share a question to the group. They need to create article on the web page, and they don't.
- I keep an eye an shared tools from Google: KNOL, Docs, Sites, Groups... But don't really use for sharing, except for sharing database XLS using docs, most use just in a personal for the moment.

I am also interested your investigation other tools.

As partners don't want share their Knowledge to other, are competitor, and knowldege are our value-added: No way to find a place with all this knowlege, except the KB Symantec.
Best regards.

Thomas_K
Level 6
Along with Connect, I am a Spiceworks partner in the Spiceworks community. This is a great site for IT professionals.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Also EMC Powerlink for which you need a login.

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Expertsexchange and petri