cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Client & Database Install Location (other than C)

andronicus
Level 2

I have some older servers that have smaller partitioned hard drives. I'd like to direct the client and database to unstall at a location other than the C drive to better use the space. I don't see this preference in the installation of the current SPN client.

Is this possible and how do you do it?

Thanks,

Geoff

4 REPLIES 4

Pjstrns
Level 3
Employee

At this time we do not offer a redirection option while installing SPN services. However the services are designed to be as light and small as possible.

With that said, we do suggest that you have at least 50 MB free for the agents and free disk space that is at least equal to 15% of the amount of data you will be backing up for processing the backups.

andronicus
Level 2

I've removed some files from the SPN off site backup to reduce the delta change load on my C Drive. In looking at the files again on the C drive the delta files are still in my C: Symantec etc folder - even though I removed them from the SPN off site servers. I want to free up this space on my C drive as they are unneeded.

Can I just delete them?

Thanks,

G

Ted_Migdal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

We would like to get further information from you regarding this particular scenario. Could you

please call in to our 24/7 Toll Free number so we can further assist you? In general,

it is not recommended to tamper with the files in the .deltamap folder.

1-866-223-5977 Option 1 Option 2.

hjlubansky
Not applicable
Partner

When I installed the SPN client on my file server in November 2008, I installed the client in the default location, but aimed my Backup2Disk folder on a different partition on the same server.  I have had no issues making the B2D job successful or my tape backup job successful, including Exchange and SQL backups on that server.  I have had timeouts over a period of a week when I was doing the initial SPN backup.  I have a current case with SPN as to why the job fails after a week or more.  They have taken my job log from the last SPN job failure and escalated to engineering to see what can be done to resolve this.  

After reading the other posts more carefully, I may be slightly off-topic with regard to install location, but the B2D location is a variable to be considered.