cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about virus defs

Gordymck
Not applicable

Not sure if i am in correct forum but here goes.

I previously asked the following question in Norton antivirus forum and was told to try symantec forums as the product I have was bought through my ISP (Tiscali).

The version number is 10.0.2.4 and I think it might be Norton antivirus 2007 as I purchased it in January 2007.

My main problem is that the virus defs folder has stored around 22GB of old defs and tmp files .It seems to have stored everything since early 2007 and I could do with freeing up space. Is this normal to store all the old defs etc and is there a way to delete these as they seem to be protected.

Is uninstalling Norton and re-installing a way of solving the storage of old defs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Pjstrns
Level 3
Employee

Sorry this forums deals with Symantec Protection Networks Online Backup program. After looking at your post on the Norton forum I think they were trying to direct you over to Symantec AntiVirus 10.x and Client Security 3.x forum. (https://forums2.symantec.com/syment/board?board.id=sav10x ) They will be able to better assist you.

On a side note, I would suggest trying to get a screen shot of where you found the version number, and adding it to your next post. This may help in determining your current product.

Best of luck.