cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 and Nirvanix

arodko
Level 2

I'm attempting to configure Nirvanix as a cloud storage device, and Nirvanix support confirmed that everything is configured correctly with my account, but I receive the error message "A deduplication storage folder was not found."   The debug logs seem to indicate that BE is not sending my password in the login attempt:

52 STSOBJECT: STS Debug Info: session (997996): 'nirvanix: logging into nirvanix server using master account XXXXXX with partner key...'
52 STSOBJECT: STS Debug Info: session (997996): 'nirvanix: nvxptnr_Login: url(https://services.nirvanix.com/ws/partner/Login.ashx?userName=XXXXXX&password=&partnerKey=)'
52 STSOBJECT: STS ERROR: session (997996): 'nirvanix: xml data (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Response>

<ResponseCode>101</ResponseCode>

<ErrorMessage>The parameter password must be at least 6 characters long.</ErrorMessage>

</Response>)'

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arodko
Level 2

Thanks.  I discovered in the end that the Backup Exec account used to log in to Nirvanix cannot have any special characters.  Once I changed the password to characters and numbers everything worked great.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check pg. 8 of the BE 2012 HCL which explains what you need to get this working.

Thanks!

arodko
Level 2

Thanks.  I discovered in the end that the Backup Exec account used to log in to Nirvanix cannot have any special characters.  Once I changed the password to characters and numbers everything worked great.