cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing the Symantec Protection Network Online Connector

JTaylorIII
Not applicable
Hello,

I cannot get the Symantec Protection Network Online Connector (symstrap.exe) to install.  It just hangs on the Windows Installer dialog and displays "Preparing to install" for awhile then it displays a message stating that there is no response from the install server.

Is the install server on my end or Symantec's?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Take Care,
JTaylor3
1 REPLY 1

c_bloszinsky
Level 3
Employee Certified
JTaylorIII,

I am sorry that you are having problems installing the Protection Agent.  Have you tried to download and install the Agent since your post? If it is still not working correctly, the next step would be for SPN Customer Support to look at your install logs.  This will give us a starting point to find the cause of your problem.

Instructions on how to find the install logs

1.)They are located in  C:\Documents and Settings\<your home directory>\Application Data\Symantec\SPN\Install\Logs\*.log

2.)In the folder you should see at least a Symstrap.log, and PA.log. There might also be a BE.log (if you are installing Online Storage for BE 12) or a BA.log ( if you are installing Online Backup).

Send all the log files that you see in that directory  to {removed email address to reduce spam}.  Please include in the email your name, company name, phone, a description of your problem along with a note that you made a forum post and are responding to Symantec Employee's request for your logs.

If you have any other questions or problems,  please call SPN Customer Support 24/7 by phone 1.866.223.5977 or by E-mail at {removed email address to reduce spam}. Thank you for your time and patience in this matter.

Message Edited by Brad_C on 10-27-2008 12:50 PM