cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage calculation with full and incremental backup strategy

hiplains
Level 3
Partner

We are considering implementing SPN and are not sure of the best practice to use. We currently do backup for customers doing a combination of full and incremental backups. We also have customers doing the continuous backup.

To be most cost effective, do we need to migrate all business to a continuous backup? How is the cost/storage calculated if you do a weekly total, along with daily differentials? Our capacity cost would be based on the "sum of the total backup plus each individual defined incremental backup"?? 

We're trying to look at SPN from both a financial and best practices point of view. If anyone knows of a resource with additional information please let us know. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
The following doc will answer most of the questions you have posed. It gives you info about what SPN is, best practices, how to set it up, etc.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/300539.pdf

Let me know if you need some more info.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
The following doc will answer most of the questions you have posed. It gives you info about what SPN is, best practices, how to set it up, etc.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/300539.pdf

Let me know if you need some more info.

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
Too late I guess. Didnt check the date.