cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A report telling me which retention of media was used for a restore.

jim_dalton
Level 6

This is a long shot, but I want to try and evaluate the usefulness of our longer term backups in other words : wherever we have done a restore I wish to know which retention of media were used. If you can assist me in obtaining this information I would be most grateful. I'm running 7601 anayltics.

Equally if you happen to know its not possible, then knowing that will save me time and effort looking.

Thanks in advance,Jim

5 REPLIES 5

Deeps
Level 6

Jim I am not clear of your objective.Do you want to know the retention of a media (when medi awill be deallocated) or do you want to know the retention of the images on the media ?

DeepS

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Normal NBU command 'bpmedialist -m <media-id>' will tell you retention of the media used for restore.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Ok I need to be clearer! I dont know the media id, I'm looking at opscenter and I can see the restores that have happened the last 2yrs or so, but it wont show me the media ID and of course even if it did I couldnt run bpmedia list as the images are not the images of the time.

Maybe this should be a suggestion for improvement : after all you want to know whether you use the longer term media for restore and if they are never used you can use it to leverage a reduction in retention.

I have no legal retention requirements, these are all operational / service oriented.

Jim

watsons
Level 6

If you know what file/folder was restored, maybe you can try:

Manage -> Restore -> Select Files or Directories -> Search (put in date/time range and client) -> when file was found -> Do a "Preview Media".

I was curious how you found the restore jobs for last 2 years?

jim_dalton
Level 6

watsons suggestion is I think is just a restore, same as per admin gui so it wont work as I'm looking for historical restores.

How do I get restore jobs for 2yrs? Opscenter analytics.

Jim