cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade to 7.1 - Monitor shows "The report did not return any data." after two days

MartinVi
Level 6

Hi all,

i have upgrade OpsCenter 7.0.1 to OpsCenter 7.1. Our Master and Media Server running on NetBackup version 7.0.1. Now when OpsCenter run on 7.1 for about three days the OpsCenter Monitor show me "The report did not return any data." for all sections in the monitor overview.

After disable and enable Data Collection the OpsCenter Monitor works fine again? Can someone help me with this issue, please? Or does someone facing the same issue?

Regards,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4

thesanman
Level 6

After upgrading to v7.1 (with latest EEB) I used to see the same whilst my Master Server was at v7.0.1.  As you say, disable and re-enabling data collection fixed it and it caught up.

Since upgrading my Master Server to v7.1 I haven't seen this ... it's as if the data collection get's stuck and doesn't report as such or timeout.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

We get a data collection failure for the Job data type after about 30 minutes (varies, though), and eventually get the same message.  In addition, since data collection isn't always working, scheduled reports don't show up, either.  I've added a Windows Scheduler Task to run "opsadmin stop" and "opsadmin start" an hour before we normally generate the daily reports.  It seems to help for now.

Lee_C
Level 5

Hi "thesanman"

We also had the same issue on OpsCenter Analytics 7.0.1, but this only appear to affect a few reports every so often.  The problem appears worse for us after doing a fresh install using OCA 7.1 with eeb 71EEB_ET2274411_1 where we see more reports returning no information and on a more frequent basis.

We are scheduling the Master and Media server upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.1 (probably 7.1.0.1 now that it has been released) 

I was curious as to what EEBs you have for OpsCenter Analytics and also the patch level on your Master server.  Can you let us know?

Thanks in advance.

thesanman
Level 6

I have EEB_ET2274411_1 applied.  My Master Server was at v7.0.1; it's now at v7.1 with no EEB's applied.