cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Summary by Severity

cmbjosesuarez
Level 3

I am running OpsCenter 7.1.0.1.

When you first log in, there are a 9 pre-defined summaries/alerts that opscenter provides you with.

One of them, Alert Summary by Severity, does not populate any information. 

Can anyone guide me as to how to get this summary to populate data?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

jose,

do you have alert policies defined in OpsCenter?

Log into OpsCenter, Click on Manage, and Alert Policies will be the first item selected.

Under this section, you can create alert policies that will trigger within OpsCenter when a certain condition / event has occurred.

Please see pg. 499 - Managing Alert Policies 

OpsCenter Admin Guidehttp://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3708

Once alert policies have been configured, and events have triggered an alert, you should see the Alert Summary area on the dashboard populate with data.

--Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SParashar
Level 4
Employee

This report would be populated if a alert is generated in OpsCenter. Alert is generated if an alert policy is created in OpsCenter and OpsCenter received an event matching the condition specified in the Alert Policy. for example, An alert policy is created for Job Finalized condition. So whenever OpsCenter received a job event with done status, alert would be generated.

You can refer to alert policy section in Admin Guide.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

jose,

do you have alert policies defined in OpsCenter?

Log into OpsCenter, Click on Manage, and Alert Policies will be the first item selected.

Under this section, you can create alert policies that will trigger within OpsCenter when a certain condition / event has occurred.

Please see pg. 499 - Managing Alert Policies 

OpsCenter Admin Guidehttp://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3708

Once alert policies have been configured, and events have triggered an alert, you should see the Alert Summary area on the dashboard populate with data.

--Tom

cmbjosesuarez
Level 3

Thank you SParashar and Tom for clearing that up.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Jose,

Please feel free to mark the post as useful, or a solution for either me or SParashar.

--Tom