cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Collector not showing any data

zoky
Level 4

Hello,

I have installed OpsCenter Agent 7.1 on a server running BackupExec 12.5 (Win2k8 R2)

I have created a new agent & then a BackupExec collector under OpsCenter.

When i go to Settings > Configuration > Agent i can see the newly create agent/host i just added. When i drill down into it i click on the Symantec Backup Exec > Data Collection Status tab i can see Job, Media, Policy & Schedule & Tape Drive info all completed and last run time.  Status = Enabled

Under Monitor and with having the Backup Exec server selected, no data shows up.  It has been like this for a few hours.

OpsCenter Server version 7.1.0.3
I can telnet to and from each server via port 1556

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The OpsCenter Agent will collect data from the Backup Exec Server using port 6106

As for the Monitor / Overview Area of the OpsCenter WebUI...

Symantec OpsCenter Analytics can only monitor and manage NetBackup. It cannot monitor or manage other products like Symantec NetBackup PureDisk, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Symantec Backup Exec etc.

OpsCenter can collect data from Backup Exec and provide operational and business-level reporting on the following Symantec and third-party products:

■ Symantec NetBackup
■ Symantec NetBackup PureDisk
■ Symantec Backup Exec
■ Symantec Enterprise Vault
■ EMC NetWorker
■ IBM Tivoli Storage Manager

pg. 25 - OpsCenter 7.1 Admin Guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3708

Therefore you will only see NetBackup related data on the main overview screen... and to view Backup Exec data - you will need to run reports to display collected data.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The OpsCenter Agent will collect data from the Backup Exec Server using port 6106

As for the Monitor / Overview Area of the OpsCenter WebUI...

Symantec OpsCenter Analytics can only monitor and manage NetBackup. It cannot monitor or manage other products like Symantec NetBackup PureDisk, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Symantec Backup Exec etc.

OpsCenter can collect data from Backup Exec and provide operational and business-level reporting on the following Symantec and third-party products:

■ Symantec NetBackup
■ Symantec NetBackup PureDisk
■ Symantec Backup Exec
■ Symantec Enterprise Vault
■ EMC NetWorker
■ IBM Tivoli Storage Manager

pg. 25 - OpsCenter 7.1 Admin Guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3708

Therefore you will only see NetBackup related data on the main overview screen... and to view Backup Exec data - you will need to run reports to display collected data.