cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Not Appearing in Client Filter List

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have an Ops Center 7504 (Analytics) running on W2K8R2.

I am attempting to run a report, Backup /Recovery, Job/Image/Media, and when I try and filter on clients many of the clients who have had backups run are not appearing in the drop-down.  In addition, I am seeing some clients appearing as IP addresses as opposed to the client name - even though all backups oof these clients were conducted using client name.

I am confused as to why ALL clients who have had backups run are not available in the drop-down filter, and also where are the IP addresses coming from for some of the other clients ?

Is there a way to 'refresh' the database ?  Both of my master servers are showing as connected, and I have restarted Ops Center (OPSADMIN.BAT STOP & START) - but still clients are not appearing in the drop-down.

Any advice appreciated.

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The IP address issue is a know bug and the fix is included in 7.5.0.5 - sounds like it should sort the other issue out too

Not a problem to patch OpsCenter to 7.5.0.5 even though everything else is on 7.5.0.4 - just done exactly that for a customer with the same issue

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The IP address issue is a know bug and the fix is included in 7.5.0.5 - sounds like it should sort the other issue out too

Not a problem to patch OpsCenter to 7.5.0.5 even though everything else is on 7.5.0.4 - just done exactly that for a customer with the same issue

Hope this helps

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Mark - I will give it a go.  These are MS-Windows policy backups and not VMware policy backups - still think it will fix the issue ?

AJ

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Correction - Standard policy (Solaris servers).

AJ

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Yes - my client actually has his show up the IP address of their storage iSCSI connectors

I am told this is fixed in 7.5.0.5 and am currently testing it having just upgraded

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Doesn't appeared to have helped me out........

I will keep looking.

AJ

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

After looking further, folowing the upgrade of Ops Center to 7505, I now have MORE IP addresses in the client name drop-down of the report filter (including the IP address of one of the clients in question) but do not have the names instead of IP addresses. 

A further correction - these are virtual machines, but are being backed up as if physical machines via the agent with an MS-Windows policy type.

AJ

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

SYMAJ,

This is likely related to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198098

7.5.0.5 should resolve the issue, that previous releases had.

However, if the data had been already collected in the previously installed version, you should open a case with Support, and have them review the environment, and potentially drop the data from the virtual machines table.

Have them review -  Etracks 2672578 and 2950460

It will then get recollected after cycling data collection.

--Tom

aleco
Level 2
Partner

Had same issue where VM clients showed up as IP addresses in Opscenter 7.5.0.4.  Patched it to 7.5.0.5 and looks much better now.

Had problems installing the 7.5.0.5 patch on my Win 2008 R2 x64 Opscenter server, kept rolling back the install.  I disabled WMI service and install completed successfully.

Regards

Alex

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We have raised a call with Symantec as after the 7505 upgrade of Ops Center we still have the same issue.  I was hoping to be able to 'refresh' the database in Ops Center but cannot see how to do this without support being involved.  As advised, we raised the call referring to the Technote and the Etracks.

I will update when we get a response.

AJ

mnakhan
Level 5

in ur environment dns configure? or r u using fully qualified hostname ?

means "hostname.abc.com" or only "hostname"

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We have DNS configured, and the policies use the shortname for the clients.

AJ

Maco11
Not applicable

We have the same problem. Upgraded to 7.5.0.5 but didn't fix the problem. Even the master server name shows up as its IP instead of its hostname.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ask support for assistance then - it worked fine for my customer but you may need to run a query against the database to get it to update everything,

As an example, for just VMWare clients you can run the following (this was based on using the 7.5.0.4 EEB that fixed the VMWare ones - but sometimes needed an a little extra help!!) - this is as was provided by support, but am sure a similar thing could be done for other non VMWare clients

TRUNCATE table nb_virtualmachines;

DELETE FROM domain_Client
WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT clientId FROM domain_PolicyClient)
AND isVirtual = 1;

DELETE FROM domain_Entity
WHERE entityType IN (8, 10, 12, 14)
AND id NOT IN (SELECT id FROM domain_Client WHERE id is NOT NULL);
COMMIT;

Note:
Make sure that the OpsCenter Server service is not running while running the above statement.  

The above statement can be run by putting it in a file and running that file with the loadsql command.  Example: 

C:\Program Files\Symantec\opscenter\server\bin\loadsql.bat "C:\Temp\ET2672578query.sql" 

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

After the installtion of the 7505 update, a reboot and a 'little time' I now have all of the clients in the drop-down list.  Not convinved as to what exactly resolved this.......

AJ