cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to RHEL Master Server

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I have just migrated my HP-UX master sever onto RHEL, I have retained the hostname but the IP address has changed, the migration and catalog import went great, I have had ny network teams change the DNS entry for the new IP and have now got all my clinets talking to the new RHEL master server.

I am now trying to get the RHEL server to talk to the Wintel OpsCenter, I have made sure that the hosts file is correct with the right details of the master server and the RHEL server has entries in the hosts and also the bp.conf for the OpsCenter server, I can ping both sides and can nslookup both servers, I can use bpclntcmd from the RHEL master to the OpsCenter server using the hn and ip switches and the same from the OpsCenter server to the RHEL Master.

When I try to add the RHEL master to OpsCenter using the defaults it cannot locate the Master Server, I am not using agents and have never had an issue with any of my HPUX servers.

Master Server is running v6.5.5 and the OpsCenter is at v7.1.0.1 and I already have my HPUX master servers (also running v6.5.5) working.

Thanks in advance

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

I found an old host file on the Windows server in the i386 directory which had an entry in for the old IP address, once I removed that the OpsCenter was able to connect to my RHEL server....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

I found an old host file on the Windows server in the i386 directory which had an entry in for the old IP address, once I removed that the OpsCenter was able to connect to my RHEL server....