cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom report in OpsCenter

HankHill
Level 5

I'm trying to figure out how to put together a report in OpsCenter that pulls the following information:

Policy Name   Clients   Schedule(s)   Backup Selections   Retention.

I've looked at the custom reports options and some of the canned reports, but nothing appears to pull everything I need.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The Backup Selections is usually the issue here - the reports are intended to deal with what has actusally run rather than what is due to run or the setup of NetBackup

It may be of more use to you to just use the bppllist command in NetBackup to produce what you want

bppllist -allpolicies -U will give you all of this information.

Otherwise you may need to use a SQL Query report to get what you want but you would need Analytics for that

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The Backup Selections is usually the issue here - the reports are intended to deal with what has actusally run rather than what is due to run or the setup of NetBackup

It may be of more use to you to just use the bppllist command in NetBackup to produce what you want

bppllist -allpolicies -U will give you all of this information.

Otherwise you may need to use a SQL Query report to get what you want but you would need Analytics for that

mansoor_sheik
Level 6
Certified

Hi HankHill,

Please find the below Link.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO43065

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO71513

As mark sugessted, Need Opscenter Analytics for report customization as requested.

Refer  Symantec Opscenter Reporting guide for more details.

HankHill
Level 5

It didn't pull all of the policies, cut out at about 9500 lines.  Is there a way to limit it to active policies?

What do I need to use to open the DB?