cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards and different user accounts

StarSister
Level 4

Hi, my server estate is split up into different support teams. I would like to create logins and dashboards per support team.

Is there a way that I can set up a user account, create the reports and templates and dashboard - and then somehow copy this to amend it for the other support teams? In essence I believe I am looking to create some kind of baseline or default profile that I can then easily tailor per team, by changing the reports to show their servers only?

Can anyone advise if this sounds achievable. It may just save me some time in the long run.

I am using OpsCenter Version 7.5.0.4 without analytics

With thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

StarSister,

You can assign views to user's, however, this does not restrict them from only being able to see their data.

It's more of a preference when seeing the dashboard.

The main dashboard is not customizable, with the exception of the default view for the user.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

--Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

StarSister,

You can assign views to user's, however, this does not restrict them from only being able to see their data.

It's more of a preference when seeing the dashboard.

The main dashboard is not customizable, with the exception of the default view for the user.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

--Tom

StarSister
Level 4

Hey Tom, you know me - I have a lot of questions! Thanks for getting back to me.

I think the only route to this is actually to create several user accounts within opscenter and assign each a dashboard pertaining to their own servers.

Are you aware of a user 'role' that only shows a dashboard upon logging in? Essentially if I create separate logins, I would tailor each dashboard, and then could restrict the user role level to let the user log in and only see a dashboard type view?

I only want users to see their dashboard /and/or reports - without seeing the full functions of the opscenter.

Many Thanks Tom, I appreciate your help.

StarSister
Level 4

I have not been able to give my users a cut down view - but have opted for what appears to be the most limited user setting which is 'reporter'

Also, I see no way of copying their profiles

StarSister
Level 4

My solution to this thread is that I have been able to create 'views' from within OPscenter to group different server names together per business customer. This allows me to assign the created view to individual logins, and thus, it filters through to the reporting I create.

I currently have opscenter 7.5.0.4 and am having issue with seeing all the clients from within the view window (manage nodes and objects) but I will endeavour to find a solution to this, and update this thread with the answer