cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Collection Status

iclcz01
Level 4

Hi,

we have NetBackup 6.5.4 on Solaris SPARC, OpsCenter Analytics 7.1.0 on RedHat on VmWare and OpsCenter Agent 7.1.0 on Solaris SPARC, which is also a media server.

In the Data Colection Status on OpsCenter web console I see, that the Subjobs data type fails with status Client timeout reached. In processes on Opscenter server I see, that it repeatedly quickly runs the bplist command on about 10 clients  (always the same clients of total of over 300).

I increased the nbu.scl.agent.jobProxyTimeout in scl.conf, but it did not solve the problem.

The next problem is, that the Audit Data type collection was never started.

Does anybody has an idea, what could be wrong?

Regards iclcz01

10 REPLIES 10

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Audit Trail Collection is new to OpsCenter 7.1 and Requires NetBackup to be at 7.1 or higher.

Audit Trails will not collect on NBU 6.x Masters.

Regarding your SubJob Data Collection Timing out... are you still experiencing this issue?

I would recommend opening a case if your are still having issues with subjobs as log analysis maybe required to troubleshoot that issue.

However, do you notice anything in the agent logs on the Media Server?

You may be able to verify if problem relates to timeouts or if there is another exception / failure occurring during data collection.

iclcz01
Level 4

In the Agent logs I found this messages:

ProcessErrorConsumer bplistEXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found,1,(0|)

I used the /usr/ucb/ps to get full command with arguments:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -B -S mastername -C clientname -k policyname -R -X -s 1321315200

This does not work neither from commandline, unless I append a "/" for filename as last argument.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Please confirm which version of OpsCenter is running.

• /installpath/OpsCenter/Server/version

Also, confirm any EEB information 

• /installpath/OpsCenter/Server/EEB.info      (Server)
  • /installpath/OpsCenter/Agent/EEB.info      (Agent)

Any plans on upgrading OpsCenter / Server & Agent to 7.1.0.2 ?

iclcz01
Level 4

We plan to upgrade NetBackup and OpsCenter to the latest version next year, but if there is OpsCenter 7.1.0.2, I will try to upgrade it immediatelly.

Here is version we have:

• On Agent (Solaris 10):

cat /opt/SYMCOpsCenterAgent/version.txt
HARDWARE SunOS sparc
VERSION OpsCenter Agent 7.1
BUILD NUMBER 20110203
RELEASE DATE Fri Feb 04 08:23:30 IST 2011

cat /opt/SYMCOpsCenterAgent/EEB.info
71EEB_ET2274411_1

• On Server (RedHat 5):

cat /opt/SYMCOpsCenterServer/version.txt
HARDWARE LinuxR_x86 x86_64
VERSION OpsCenter Server 7.1
BUILD NUMBER 20110203
RELEASE DATE Fri Feb 04 08:25:07 IST 2011

There is no EEB.

iclcz01
Level 4

I upgraded OpsCenter Server and Agent to version 7.1.0.2 but the problem remained.

In the processes on Agent I see that the bplist command has now more parameters. It is strange, that start (-s) and end (-e) time are the same:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -B -S master -C clientname -k policyname -R -X -s 1315630823 -e 1315630823 -l -b -Listseconds -unix_files -t 0 "/*"

I wonder if I am the only one user with this problem.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

SPARC Agent Package 7102:

OpsCtr_Agent_7.1.0.2_solaris.tar provides fixes OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.1 Agent on Solaris SPARC.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165292

Linux Server Packages 7102:

OpsCtr_Server_7.1.0.2_linuxR_x86.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.1 Server RedHat Enterprise Linux.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165294

ViewBuilder Update:  (if used)

OpsCtr_ViewBuilder_7.1.0.2_winnt.x86.zip provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter ViewBuilder 7.1 on Windows.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165300

iclcz01
Level 4

I upgraded the OpsCenter yesterday, but I placed my reply in wrong order. Look above please.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

I have never seen that behavior before, but to be honest, I've never looked that granular at the command issued... 

Perhaps there is some request hung on the master...

Check your /usr/openv/var directory for left over nbproxy_*.ior or ior.mgr files.

Look for files with very old dates on them... perhaps even dates since your last NBU cycle.

If you see these, you will want to clean them out.

• 1) Stop NBU on the Master
  • 2) Delete any ior / ior.mgr files
  • 3) Start NBU on the Master
  • 4) Cycle the Agent and Data Collection.

iclcz01
Level 4

I did this about one week ago, before I opened this thread but maybe it is necessary to do it again after upgrade of OpsCenter. I will do it today or tomorrow.

iclcz01
Level 4

I did it but the problem remained the same.