cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data collection failed for: Audit

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I have two NBU Master Servers running v8.0 and a OpsCenter v8.1 and am having an issue with one of the master servers connection to the OpsCenter for the Audit data collection, everything else connects without issue.

The following error is shown on the data collection:
[Nbsl/Agent communication exception]: com.symantec.nbu.nom.scl.common.agent.exception.AgentException: IDL: Symantec/NetBackup/SL/NBSLOpException:1.0

I have tried restarting NBU and OpsCentre and rebooting the master but this still fails, I can get audit data directly from the master suing the nbauditreport command.

Any assitance would be appreciated

Thanks
Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Did a google search on this issue but could not find anything, however I did find a commant to turn auditing on on the master server:

nbemmcmd -changesetting -AUDIT ENABLED -machinename masterserver

Ran this and I am now getting the full connection on OpsCenter, strange that this was disabled as I have never had this issue before with OpsCenter and the Master Server 

Kev 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Did a google search on this issue but could not find anything, however I did find a commant to turn auditing on on the master server:

nbemmcmd -changesetting -AUDIT ENABLED -machinename masterserver

Ran this and I am now getting the full connection on OpsCenter, strange that this was disabled as I have never had this issue before with OpsCenter and the Master Server 

Kev 

Krutons
   VIP   

I believe you can do the same thing in OpsCenter.

Manage -> Hosts -> Edit Audit Settings

Hi Krutons,

Unfortunatley that option was not available for the master server until the Audit was started on the master server.

Still trying to work out why it was suddenly disabled on the master after having it running for ages.

Kev