Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Distribution List

MOHAMED_PATEL
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Am I missing something....

VBR had the capability of creating email distribution list -

OpsCenter 7.1 - cant find this, which means all reports will have to be populated individually with the required recipients.

I am currently checking all my VBR reports and copying all the recipients to a Word doc (which extracts the email addresses) and then placing them in OpsCenter.

Direction required if I missed this feature.....

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I just checked 7.0.1, I can create Groups for users, and have some defined, but just realized they can't be used as recipients for reports.  This makes groups kinda useless.

Deeps
Level 6

Please refer to the public technote. Hope this will answer your quetion.

How to configure OpsCenter to send email using an email distribution list

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136191

Regards

DeepS

RonCaplinger
Level 6

We used to be able to maintain grups of users within OpsCenter that could be used to email reports.  Creating groups in Active Directory pretty much defeats the purpose of Groups within OpsCenter, and now requires some maintenance by an admin outside of the backup team.

While this will work, it would have worked before OpsCenter, too.

MOHAMED_PATEL
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Deeps,

Thanks for the suggestion, however another level of frustration has just been handed to us by the OCA development team -

I have over 400 reports which have various sectors requiring different reports, and in this way to constantly manage another server (Exchange) is just not worth the time - change controls, approvals, etc...

These were all migrated from a working VBR installation....