cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Descriptions?

thesanman
Level 6
Is there any doco out there that describes what each filter actually is?  And for that matter, what the various attributes are when creating a report.

I've been working an issue with Symantec about one of my custom reports which is reporting a piece of media as still frozen when, due to media errors, we have actually deleted it from the NetBackup database and thrown the media away.  It was in a frozen state at that time and my VBR "frozen media" report continues to report it; despite the fact that, in my opinion, it should no longer be current.

I have worked around the report by putting a time filter on the "last write time" but in my opinion, the media shoudl no longer be "current" surely?

Malcolm
6 REPLIES 6

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
In the Filter options, in the 'Backup Media' section, have you checked the option for "Backup Media Is Current" and selected Yes from the drop-down ? =) 

That will get it to only report on current media, as opposed to using all the data points it's collected over the last however many months you've had it deployed.

thesanman
Level 6
This is exactly what I've been saying to Symantec.  I have this box ticked but the media entry still appears in the report.  It's as if the media has not been marked as current.  My support person keeps insisting I should have a time frame associated with the report.

I've been asking for documentation on what the filters mean to prove my point.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Okay, ya got me then. As far as I know that should work for you, so I'm guessing you found a bug. Sorry. =(

thesanman
Level 6
Unfortunately my call support call got closed!  Guess they thought the workaround was good enough.

payners
Level 4
Send me a message with your email and I will send you the breakdown of all the sql parameters if you want.

thesanman
Level 6
Thanks to payners I was able to determine what "Media is Active" and "Media is Current" mean:

Active:  A yes/no property of a particular tape indicating whether the tape has been sampled in the last two collections.

Current:  A yes/no property of if the backup media exists in the current configuration (and not historical).

I had "Current" set to "Yes" and then added "Active" to Yes as well and the report came good.  The deleted fronzen media is no longer reported on.

I still think my old deleted media should be flagged as not current but that's another story.