cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get deduplication ratio per DiskPool

Chris_W
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I am looking for an OCA report that shows the dedup ratio that you find in the "Deduplication Ratio" field using the method below:

NetBackup Administration Console, expand Media and Device Management > Credentials > Storage Server

Do I need to code something in SQL to achieve this? There are a couple reports templates like dedup space savings, but I just need the ratio like 9.8, no fancy stuff.

Second prize would be a command that I can just cronjob. Like an nbdevquery, I've come up with nothing so far.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I happen to have found the answer to my second question, see below, would still like some idea on an OCA report though.

# nbdevconfig -getconfig -storage_server server1 -stype PureDisk  |grep Deduplication
V7.5 "Deduplication Ratio" "6.9" string

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_W
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I happen to have found the answer to my second question, see below, would still like some idea on an OCA report though.

# nbdevconfig -getconfig -storage_server server1 -stype PureDisk  |grep Deduplication
V7.5 "Deduplication Ratio" "6.9" string

can we change this value?

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Fawad55,

I don't think you noticed, but this thread is nearly 3 years old and has already been solved.  Solved posts used to be locked but since the VOX upgrade this is no longer the case, and old posts get tagged onto.

As for you question - that is not a value that can be changed.  It is a value that is reported from your dedupe pool showing what ratio of dedupe is being achieved.

Steve