cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating a report in OpsCenter

Hanzo581
Level 4

Good Afternoon All,

I've been tasked with creating an overview of all the policies in our environment, I have been messing around with OpsCenter (very new to it) but I do not seem to be able to generate the info I need even trying custom reports.  I am using version 7.5.0.5 btw.

I need the following:

Policy Name

Media Server it uses

What it is actually backing up

What is the client

What OS is the client running

When the policy was activated

And the it's time schedule for daily, monthly, weekly etc

If anyone could walk me through the creation of a report that would have that info, or let me know if it is even possible I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Hanzo581
Level 4

Nothing?  Don't think I've ever made a topic where no one responded... frown

Deeps
Level 6

You can create a custom report.Add the following columns.

Policy Name , Schedule/Level Type ,Client Name ,Client OS ,Media Server ,Job Directory, Job Start Time.

What do you mean by "When the policy was activated " ? Do you mean when was the backup initiated or date/time when actual policy got activated (enabled) for  backup ? What significance deos this has in your report ?

Hanzo581
Level 4

I probably don't need the "When policy was activated" I am just trying to replicate what we've been displaying on the manual spreadsheet we've been using.

I guess the problem is I've never used OpsCenter before, I see the place to start creating a custom report, but a lot of the options don't make sense to me, so I looks to start off a template, so I selected Policy Reports->Policy Summary Dashboard to use, but I do not see all those options in the column list.

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

well hanzo 

follow these step by step screen shot for making your report, from Ops Center

and make your manager happy

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/step-step-how-create-reports-ops-center-without-lic...

Hanzo581
Level 4

I appreciate the link, but that is still giving me far too much information in the results.

All I am really looking for is the details of each policy. 

The name of the policy, what the client name is, what its schedule is, what it is backing up, what media server it is using, and the policy type (NDMP, Standard, Windows etc).

There is no time frame to set, I just need this for all the policies that are currently active..

Basically a pretty way to display the info from bppllist -L -U -allpolicies.

It is looking like this may not be possible.

Deeps
Level 6

Hanzon581 you can use the process defined in the link provided by inn_kam and create a customize report per your requirement.Did you try to create a report as per process described ?? Did you face any challange or the rpeort did not provide you required data ?

Jean-Pierre_Bai
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Look at report in report templates, backup, job browser, Tabular backup report.

If that is OK for you, you can edit it and filter out what you don't need, like image cleanup and so on.

You can get the same thing with a custom tabular report via the gui.

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hanzo . have u followed the steps?

time frame is there

if resolved , dont forget to  mark it as solution