cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with OpsCenter Reports

thooper3
Level 2

I need to generate two reports that OpsCenter seems to be missing.

One report is a Frozen Tape report.

The second report is a Scratch Tape report.

Can anybody give me pointers on how to create these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Was there anything else you needed to see on the reports or will they work for your needs? If so please mark as solutions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

I cant get the custom reports to work for this through the UI but it should be something like this:

Custom Report >

Cat: Backup/Recovery

Subcat: Media

View Type: Tabular

Time Frame:

No Time Basis

Filters:

Media

(Frozen)

Column: Media Status

Value: Frozen/Frozen Full

(Scratch)

Column: Media Volume Pool Name

Value: Scratch(Or what ever you called your pool)

I'll work on some custom SQL in case this dosent help.

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Here is the SQL for these.

Scratch:

SELECT * FROM domain_Media WHERE volumePoolName = 'Scratch'

Frozen:

SELECT * FROM domain_Media WHERE status IN (SELECT id FROM lookup_MediaStatus WHERE name LIKE '%Frozen%')

Also if by some chance you do not have a Scratch pool here is something that will at least get you close:

SELECT * FROM domain_Media WHERE usedCapacity IS NULL AND isCleaning = 0 AND isImported = 0

thooper3
Level 2

Thanks for the help.

I can't believe I'm the first person to ask for a Scratch Tape report or a Frozen Tape report.  You'd think those would be canned reports that come with OpsCenter.

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Was there anything else you needed to see on the reports or will they work for your needs? If so please mark as solutions.

thooper3
Level 2

The SQL queries work great but is there a way to generate a count of how many lines have been returned?  I've tried using the count(*) option but it doesn't work.  One of our DBA's suggested putting a second SQL SELECT statement but it appears it's not working either.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

You aren't the first to look for them!  And you would think you could just filter the canned "Media Reports" -> "Media State" report, but no.

If you are looking for just the count of tapes, there are scripts for similar reports in NetBackup's .../goodies directory.  But the way to fix frozen tapes is through the NetBackup command line or GUI, which is pretty easy to find them right there and right-click to unfreeze them.

Oh, and the OpsCenter home page already has a Media Summary by Status pie chart.