cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How OpsCenter combines reports

plsaits
Level 3
Partner

I am trying to figure out how OpsCenter combines reports such as Master Server Throughput and Total Jobs of a Server. I need to make the Media Server Throughput report have the same colunms as the Master Server Throughput report.

I am running version 7.7.

Thanks,

Pete

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Let me put it this way.....

OpsCenter && Throughput == no

Do you have OpsCenter Analytics? We can maybe make a custom SQL query.

plsaits
Level 3
Partner

Yes I have Analytics. I have been trying to break down the Master Server throughput report and recreate it with a Distinct Master and each Media Server so the report would be something like this

Media Server Name       Total Job Count         Volume(MB)            Throughput(KB/sec)       Number of successful Jobs       Success Rate       Last Job

I can create Views for each Master server (there are multiple for this customer).

Thanks,

Pete

plsaits
Level 3
Partner

I have been able to create a SQl script that currently pulls Media Server, Total Job Count, Volume and Throughput. Here is what I have:

SELECT 
dmj.name as "Media Server", 
CAST(SUM(dj.bytesWritten/1024/1024) as decimal(10,2)) as "Volume(MB)",
count(distinct dj.id) AS "Total Number of Jobs",
CAST(AVG(dj.throughput) as decimal(10,2)) AS "Throughput (KB/sec)"
FROM domain_Job dj
INNER JOIN domain_MediaServer dmj
ON dj.mediaServerName = dmj.name
WHERE  DATEDIFF(day, UtcBigIntToNomTime(dj.endTime), GETDATE()) <= 7 
AND dj.Type != '17'
GROUP BY dmj.name

I am confused as to how I can Number of Successfull jobs (I assume Count up jobs that their Status Code  = 0) and calculate Success Rate in the query.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Sorry I don't have an opscenter with data in it to test with. You should change byteswritten to presissize in case you're using appliances. And then yes, you'll have to look for status code 0 & 1 in dj.statuscode.

IF you want you can just open the stored procedure and check whats going on. I suspect thought that the logic behind it might be a bit more complex than what you've got up there (which I'm not saying is correct as most of the times the opscenter figures look a bit weird)

plsaits
Level 3
Partner

Thanks. Unfortunately there is no link to the SQL for the Master or Media Server Throughput reports.

Pete

RiaanBadenhorst

Yeah I know, you'd need to log into opscenter via isql and then do it from there. I googled it once when I was looking to see how it worked ;)