cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reorganize "My Backup Reports"?

thesanman
Level 6

I have a number of customized reports, saved into "My Backup Reports" by default.  They don't seem to be very well ordered; they appear in a non-alphabetical order, interspersed between the other folders (e.g. Risk, Utilization etc) and so locating them can be somewhat difficult.

Is there a way to reorganize these specific reports into an better order (e.g. Alphabetical), and show them either before or after the other folders which I think got generated after clicking on the Generate Sample Reports link.

Thanks,

Malcolm

4 REPLIES 4

TonyDavids
Level 4
Employee Accredited

You can go to the Reports -> My Reports page and "Manage Backup Folders".  You can create different folders there.  Unfortunately, there is not a "move" function to move them from the top level "My Backup Reports" folder.  You need to open the report and do a "Save As" to the new folder.  You then can go to "Manage Reports" and delete the first occurrence of the report in the list.

thesanman
Level 6

Thought that might be one way; the other problem with this approach is that when you "save as" you also need to give it a new report name; you can't use the same name.

Report with name 'Audit Job Report' already exists.

This will cause problems due to automatic job scheduling etc etc.

Steve_Frewin
Level 3
Just a thought, but is there a means to use ODBC or SQL Anywhere to manipulate the organization of reports? I too am in the process of sorting through reports, reorganizing them and deleting others.  The method described in this thread, though it does work, is a bit arduous.

thesanman
Level 6

I ended up using the save-as mechanism with a new name into a new folder, then deleted the older entries.  Painful and slow and prone to a good few errors.

And of course; they're still not in Alphabetical order!

VBR Developers; PLEASE can entries be sorted Alphabetically??  They are elsewhere why not here?  Can we also have a function to re-organise reports into new folders?

Malcolm