cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in accessing Opscenter through url

ankur1809
Level 5

Hi ,

I am having an issue while accessing Opscenter through URL as i am getting error message like : Page cannot be displayed.

Current Opscenter version: 7.6.0.2. It is accessible with server on which it is installed i.e. Windows server but not from Admin server or jump server.

https://XXX/opscenter/ where XXX stands for server name. Kindly suggest if it requires some port as well in url.

Kindly suggest if any other info is also required.

8 REPLIES 8

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

See this note for port requirements of OpsCenter.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO46882

ankur1809
Level 5

Hi Riaan,

Kindly suggest if i need to create a new rule or something.

Here i am. please find attachment.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

If you can access OpsCenter from the OpsCenter server there is nothing further to configure on OpsCenter.

You might want to make sure the firewalls, on the server, and in the environment are not blocking you.

From the client you're checking from, try and telnet to the opscenter server on the ports supplied in the note.

telnet myopscenter 80

telnet myopscenter 443

etc etc

ankur1809
Level 5

It says 'could not open connection to the host'. But i have checked firewall is disabled on the client where opscenter is installed.

RiaanBadenhorst

Turn all the firewall components off to test (make it all RED).

Try the commands (telnet) from the opscenter itself as well to verify. Then try from other hosts.

ankur1809
Level 5

I have tuned firewalls in red off as well but still not able to telnet. Moreover when try to ping from that particulart server on which Opscenter is configured it says telnet is not recognised as internal or external command,

RiaanBadenhorst

In W2K8 its not installed by default. You can install it. But the fact that you can open opscenter from the opscenter server basically tells you its working. Check firewalls/and internet explorer security settings. Also verify you're using a supported browser.

ankur1809
Level 5
I donot have access to enable telnet on that particular client.n i am accessing through IE8