cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Duration value

ReneeC
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Does anyone know the default vaule of time for the job duration report?  The report I ran that shows "Total Time to backup" ranges from 100,000 to 1,200,000 per day....even if that were a value of seconds it would appear to be 333 hours...which is a little more then I have in a day..even though I need that many hours some days :-)....Unfortunately that field (amazingly) is not one of the fields you can edit...and I really didn't want to write a custom report since that one really have everything else I need.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

payners
Level 4

The report is based on seconds. 

Based on what the report looks like:

SELECT TOP 10

backupFinalJobClientObjectID AS reportColumn0,
reportColumn0DisplayTable.objectPrimaryDisplayName AS reportColumn0Display,
SUM(CAST(DATEDIFF(second, backupFinalJobStartTime, backupFinalJobEndTime) AS NUMERIC(30, 6))) AS reportColumn1

FROM

Object reportColumn0DisplayTable,
BackupFinalJob

WHERE

backupFinalJobClientObjectID = reportColumn0DisplayTable.objectID AND
backupFinalJobEndTime >= DATEADD(week, (?), (?)) and
backupFinalJobEndTime <= (?) AND
backupFinalJobType IN (?) AND
backupFinalJobDataType IN (?)

GROUP BY

reportColumn0,
reportColumn0Display

ORDER BY

reportColumn1 DESC

It is adding up the total amount of time this client backs up in 2 weeks from Job start time until Job end time.  There are some gotchas though.  For instance I had a backup for some reason waiting for a drive for 36 hours and then the job started writing data. Even though the job took 3 hours to back up, the activity monitor shows the job have a start time of when the job queued up. So the job is reported in VBR as having a length of 39 hours. 

Typically if I run reports for backup length I go by backupimagewritestarttime to get a more accurate reading of how long the backup actually took. 

Hopefully this makes sense. 

Message Edited by payners on 03-02-2009 02:04 PM