cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs collect error (with Breakup Jobs) / A2014: External process terminated because of not returning data in a timely manner

colin_stephane
Level 2
 Hi,

I’ve a problem with VBR 6.5.1.1.

I’ve an agent with 3 modules. The 3 for NBU 6.5.2A (all are Master Server and EMM Server).

When I collect data, and have the module variable “Breakup Jobs” set to “True”, I’ve an error for the Jobs collect.

Number of error : A2014

Description of error : External process terminated because of not returning data in a timely manner

Don’t have this error if I set “Breakup Jobs” to “False”….

Any idea?

2 REPLIES 2

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
You might try adjusting the fetch size for that Master's module. Drop it down to 100 or so and see if you have any better luck pulling a smaller amount of data across. Something else to look at is how long it takes to run that particular command locally on the Master itself. If that works okay, then try running it from the CLI on the agent server against that Master and time that. Hope that helps a little.

Adam_Mellor
Level 2
How many days of job information are you keeping in the Jobs database ? I previously had it set to 30 days this caused errors, ended up having to drop it to 7 days.

How long does the command it is running take to complete ? from a unix box the command VBR is running on the Master netbackup server to collect job information looks like this:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -report -M <masterservername> -mastertime -all_columns

There is an undocumented (afaik) timeout setting the the vbr's agent config that can be changed. i'll see if i can find the settings.