cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from 32 to 64 bits - Need help to migrate opscenter.

Ramiro-Magan
Level 5
Certified

Hi guys.

I am currently running Opscenter 7.5.0.6 under windows 2003 sp2 standard edition, wich if course it´s 32 bits, and now facing the migration to 7.6, I am rebuilding some servers, and this one is among them.

As far as I understand, the correct migration sequence would be to upgrade first opscenter, them master, and then media.

I am building a 2012 windows server, but would like to keep all the data and queries I have in my old server.

Do I need to do a backup and then restore some folders, just copy paste, or am I doomed and have to recreate averything manually?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi there, on your new server you can install the new version and upgrade the database directly to that version.

Here is the technote how.

Moving OpsCenter 7.5 server to a different OpsCenter 7.6.x machine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You can just do a backup and restore of the database on your new 64 bit server.

But keep the old one handy, just in case :)

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Step 1 - Backup the OCA database by running following command on opscetner server

INSTALL_PATH\OpsCenter\server\bin\dbbackup.bat C:\my_db_backup

Step2 - Copy the database files(from C:\my_db_backup) to the server where you want to migrate the OCA to. Make sure that the destination OCA is installed with the same Opscenter version as source. 

Step3 - Restore the database using following command on the destination OCA. This is considering that the backed up files are under C:\my_db_backup on destination.

INSTALL_PATH\OpsCenter\server\bin\dbbackup.bat C:\my_db_backup - restore

Finish.

Onc the restore is finished you need to make sure that the data collection is happening from the new server.

I have done this many times and it works like charm.

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi there, on your new server you can install the new version and upgrade the database directly to that version.

Here is the technote how.

Moving OpsCenter 7.5 server to a different OpsCenter 7.6.x machine

Ramiro-Magan
Level 5
Certified

Awesome!

you guys have some amazing guides like this hidden.

There should be a sticky on this stuff.