cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Multiple NetBackup Master Servers (pre 7.0 ver.) with OpsCenter 7.0; Is it possible?

MSheresh
Level 2

Has anyone figured out how to Monitor Multiple NetBackup Master Servers (pre 7.0 ver.) with OpsCenter 7.0?

I have installed OpsCenter Version 7.0 (Build 20091226) and am successfully monitoring a version 6.5 Master Server.

The trouble is I have 5 each version 6.5 Master Servers (upgrading to 7.0 not an option at this time) which I would like to monitor and the Symantec OpsCenter Administrator's Guide, Release 7.0, page 278 has a little gem stating:      Note:A single OpsCenter Server should monitor only one NetBackup Master Server.

To me, this "note" makes no sense.  Why would you only want to monitor one of your master servers and not all of them on one console.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

payners
Level 4
I currently have over 45 NBU 6.5.x master servers monitored by OpsCenter.

Stephen_L
Level 4

I've configured two 6.5.4 Master servers and see no issues.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Opscenter server can be installed on the master only if that's the only master server in the environment . If you have multiple master servers , Opscenter is not recommended to be installed on master server .

That's what i can think of with "Note:A single OpsCenter Server should monitor only one NetBackup Master Server."

Brij
Level 2
Employee Certified
The OpsCenter is designed to monitor multiple netbackup master servers but it depends on the type of OpsCenter installatiom perfomed.

Scenario1. If OpsCenter is installed on a netbackup master server,it can monitor just that master server.
Scenario2. If OpsCenter is installed on a dedicated machine,it can monitor multiple master servers

A single agent can collect data from multple master servers if they have same nbu versions.You just need to configure data collector for each master server but if you have different version master servers you would need separate agent for each master server.

Please refer OpsCenter admin guide for details on agent deployment scenarios.