cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple OpsCenter for one master

John_Snodgrass
Level 4
Partner Accredited

At this time I only need a simple yes or no answer.  I'll worry about the details later if we go down this road.  We provide backup services to a wide array of external companies.  We have a site with one of our owned NBU masters, and the customer wants to know if they can pull data from it into their own OpsCenter server.  I can see we have OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME = opscenter already in the bp.conf file.  So we're pulling data from our OpcCenter server.  Can you have two of these entries?  for example:

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME = opscenter_one

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME = opscenter_two

Thanks in Advance.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

pg. 87 - Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter 7.6 Administrator's Guide
    http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6454

Symantec recommends that any NetBackup master server is monitored by only
one OpsCenter server

--Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Deeps
Level 6

No .

DeepS

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

pg. 87 - Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter 7.6 Administrator's Guide
    http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6454

Symantec recommends that any NetBackup master server is monitored by only
one OpsCenter server

--Tom

areznik
Level 5

You can do it, but it wont behave like you would expect. For example jobs that get collected by one opsCenter server will be missing from the other and the other way around.

Source: I did this on Netbackup 7.0.1 while testing a new version of OpsCenter we were going to deploy. Didn't realize it was not supported, quickly found out why :)

jim_dalton
Level 6

Why not mail out to customers with "their" backup info, ie a bunch of specfic custom reports and mail targets? Work for you I guess, potentially a lot of work. Jim

Similar John's question, could we have NetBackup masterA reports to its main OpsCenter1.

Would it be possible to have a top-level OpsCenter2 collect NetMasterA from OpsCenter1?

NetBackup MasterA would only report to one OpsCenter as a result