Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup opscenter my dashboard

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I have a question regarding 'my dashboard' in opscenter:

Is it possible to customize 'my dashboard' as per user basis? For example, when user A login, he has a set of reports in 'my dashboard"; when user B login, he has another set of reports in 'my dashboard".

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I'm assuming OpsCenter works the same as OpsCenter Analytics; yes, the behavior for the Dashboards is that each person's "My Dashboard" setup can be customized by that user. 

Graphs (reports) may be added to the Dashboard from:

• any of the default reports,
  • if they have created their own custom report and saved it in "Saved Reports" -> "Private Reports",
  • if someone else has created a custom report and saved it in "Saved Reports" -> "Public Reports",

it can be added to that person's Dashboard.

You are not able to, say, add a report on someone else's Dashboard; you MAY be able to edit a report on their Dashboard only if it is saved in the "Public Reports" and they have it added to their Dashboard.  If you come up with a great new report and want to share it, be sure to save it in the "Saved Reports" -> "Public Reports" folder and then others may add it to their dashboard, if they wish.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I'm assuming OpsCenter works the same as OpsCenter Analytics; yes, the behavior for the Dashboards is that each person's "My Dashboard" setup can be customized by that user. 

Graphs (reports) may be added to the Dashboard from:

• any of the default reports,
  • if they have created their own custom report and saved it in "Saved Reports" -> "Private Reports",
  • if someone else has created a custom report and saved it in "Saved Reports" -> "Public Reports",

it can be added to that person's Dashboard.

You are not able to, say, add a report on someone else's Dashboard; you MAY be able to edit a report on their Dashboard only if it is saved in the "Public Reports" and they have it added to their Dashboard.  If you come up with a great new report and want to share it, be sure to save it in the "Saved Reports" -> "Public Reports" folder and then others may add it to their dashboard, if they wish.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks a lot for your answers.