Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup licensing

tarmizi
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all,

This is not a really a technical question but more on how to setup an alert email from OpsCenter. Is there any way to create an alert email to users/admin of netbackup for their netbackup licensing. I mean, the customer having TB license and then need to know if they have reach their limit. I have look into the alert policy but no alert for licensing. Please help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I don't believe there is a way to do this automatically currently as NetBackup license keys do not in many cases include the actual license quantity. Also I'm not sure if OpsCenter actually collects NetBackup license information; it can run nbdeployutil but as far as I know it doesn't ingest the resulting XLS data.

NB: Veritas have said they intend to change NetBackup license methodology to allow much more accurate reporting including usage vs. entitlement - I heard this is planned for NBU 8.2

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I don't believe there is a way to do this automatically currently as NetBackup license keys do not in many cases include the actual license quantity. Also I'm not sure if OpsCenter actually collects NetBackup license information; it can run nbdeployutil but as far as I know it doesn't ingest the resulting XLS data.

NB: Veritas have said they intend to change NetBackup license methodology to allow much more accurate reporting including usage vs. entitlement - I heard this is planned for NBU 8.2

Andrew

tarmizi
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I do ran the nbdeployutil from OpsCenter from time to time but tring to figure out a way for this to be schedule or set the alert. By the way, thank you again for the reply.

Mizi

Hello andrew, so the amount to be licenced should be the below under the report ouputs ?  as there are several amounts buit i belived we should pay for the confrimed TB then ?

Master ServerConfirmed (TB)