cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPS Centre 7.0 - Backup Information.

jayaram226
Level 4

Hi All,

We have started using Opscentre, for Report generation and Backup status analysis,

In this regard, right now we are pulling up information for past two months.

I am able to generate a report for days till July 15, and not before that..

Is there any default setting in terms of number of days..???

Opscentre version : 7.0

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

.Jayaram Balausbramanian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Jayaram,

How long have you been using and collecting data via OpsCenter?

You mentioned that 'We have started using Opscentre, for Report generation and Backup status analysis"

Was OpsCenter enabled / started collecting around that time?

When you first install and start using OpsCenter, OpsCenter will collect job data going back as far as your NetBackup Activity monitor is reporting at that time.

Once running, OpsCenter will continue to collect current job information.

However, OpsCenter is not able to create or collect job data prior your activity monitor history.

If you have been using OpsCenter prior to that date, check your license within OpsCenter.

Settings / Configuration / License - and ensure you are not running an evaluation license and that it is not expired.

Also, run a tabular backup report and set you date range for the last year...

If you can see jobs prior to July 15, there may have been a disconnect in data collection for an extended period of time.

--Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RonCaplinger
Level 6

If you want data from more than 60 days ago, you will need to upgrade (extra cost for this license) to OpsCenter Analytics.  See:

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/white_papers/b-nbu_7_opscenter_analytics_WP.en-us.pdf

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Jayaram,

Ron is correct, OpsCenter (non-licensed) will report up to 60 days of history.

For additional historical reporting, you will need to upgrade to OpsCenter Analytics (Licensed) version of the product.

--Tom

jayaram226
Level 4

Thanks guys, but sorry I mised out a detail..we are using Opscentre Analytics right now.

And still we face this issue.

Sorry.

Thanks and Regards,

.Jayaram Balasubramanian.

tom_sprouse
Level 6

Jayaram,

How long have you been using and collecting data via OpsCenter?

You mentioned that 'We have started using Opscentre, for Report generation and Backup status analysis"

Was OpsCenter enabled / started collecting around that time?

When you first install and start using OpsCenter, OpsCenter will collect job data going back as far as your NetBackup Activity monitor is reporting at that time.

Once running, OpsCenter will continue to collect current job information.

However, OpsCenter is not able to create or collect job data prior your activity monitor history.

If you have been using OpsCenter prior to that date, check your license within OpsCenter.

Settings / Configuration / License - and ensure you are not running an evaluation license and that it is not expired.

Also, run a tabular backup report and set you date range for the last year...

If you can see jobs prior to July 15, there may have been a disconnect in data collection for an extended period of time.

--Tom

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Jayaram,

I would also highly recommend upgrading OpsCenter Analytics from 7.0 to at least 7.1.0.4, if not higher.  Version 7.0 likely had some data collection issues that missed some data, and there is no way to go back and collect it.

Also, be sure to check the OpsCenter Analytics "Settings" -> "Data Purge" to see if your data is being deleted after 60 days.

7.1.0.4 was the least problematic for me, as far as data collection went, that's why I'm recommending it.