cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPSCenter 7.0 not collecting al information from master servers.

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

I have a OPSCenter 7.0 Installed on a windows 2008R2 Standard servere.
I've configured OPSCenter to collect data from 6 Master serveres.

5 of the Master Servere is Windows master server with Netbackup 7.0 the last one is a Unix Solaris 10 Netbackup 6.5.5

My problem is that al the windows Master servers OPSCenter is not collecting al of the data it should.
OPSCenter is not displaying Job Summary by State, Job Summary by Exit Status, Top 7 Job Error Log Summary and Top 7 Policies by Failed Jobs in the monitor display. How ever it does show Media Summary by Status and Drive Summary by Status.

Any one have any Ideas why this is happening?

The only master server OPSCenter is collecting al the data from seems to be the Unix master..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

turhan_sensoy
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

You can apply the opscenter 7.0.1 patch. I had same problem and I have solved by apllying the pach

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi

Please confirm if under settings , configuration . All the data collectors are running or if any of them is showing failed .

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

I've had a look and all show connected:

svvnbmaster2 SVVNBMASTER2 Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Sep 23, 2010 4:12 PM Connected
svvbackup01 SVVBACKUP01 SunOS Symantec NetBackup 6.5.5 Aug 23, 2010 11:40 AM Connected
svv2p06aback01 SVV2P06ABACK01 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 family Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Aug 27, 2010 3:29 PM Connected
svvpnbumaster3 SVVPNBUMASTER3 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 family Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Aug 23, 2010 11:40 AM Connected
svv5p18aback01 SVV5P18ABACK01 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 family Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Aug 23, 2010 11:40 AM Connected
svv4p15aback01 SVV4P15ABACK01 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 family Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Sep 14, 2010 6:06 PM Connected

What to do??

Andrew_K
Level 3
Partner

Do the Master Servers have Server entries for the Opscenter Server.

Does forward and reverse lookup work from the master servers and opcenter servers.

turhan_sensoy
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

You can apply the opscenter 7.0.1 patch. I had same problem and I have solved by apllying the pach

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5

Where can I find the Ops Center 7.01 patch ?

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Yes, all master servers have opscenter server in server entries. If not you would not be able to connect.

I'll have a look at the 7.0.1 patch. Even though. There should be some way to figure out why opscenter is not collecting.

Patches:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&key=15143&channel=TECHNICAL_SOLUTION&basecat=DOWNLOADS&version=58402

Oyvind_Sonderby
Level 5

I had same problem. The solution for me was to install Ops Center 7.01 Patch. Downloaded the patch from: ftp.entsupport.symantec.com

Go to: /pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/

Look after OpsCtr_Server_7.0.1

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Patch seem to do the trick. Thanks :)