cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPSCenter Client Summary Dashbord report questions

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
I'm having some issues regarding the client summary report.
For some reason some clients get reported more than once, some clients does nod report OS version. And some clients reports just an IP address. 

Any one know why this is happening? 
Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you very much :)
5 REPLIES 5

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi Kenneth,

I was curious about the issues you were having with the report and did a little digging.

when you say repeated more than once - do you mean like:

client_name
client_name.suffix.suffix.suffix
client_name.backup_interface.suffix.suffix.suffix

If thats the case I'm guessing the best way may be to do an object merge within ops center (confirm with Symantec)

As for OS Version - this could mean that the client is running a netbackup version earlier than 6.5 which seems to also not report OS version - either that or your master server can't collect that information from that client for some reason.

IP addresses as client names are likely VMs you have in your company environment that your proxy host/Backup host (VCB/VSTORE) has picked up - likely reason for this is that when you backup host has connected with your vcentre/esx server it couldn't reverse lookup the client names which it discovered.  I'm not aware of a workaround for this other than to somehow exclude VM backups from the report.

The information above is only from what I've experienced in my environment.

Hope thats helps a little

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Thanks for answering.

Here is an example :

SVV2P06ABACK01 svv2p06afil - - Unknown - - - - - - - -
SVV2P06ABACK01 svv2p06afil - Windows-x64 Windows2008 - - - - - - - -

As you can see the client is listed 2 times but seems to differ on the hardware and Operating system column...

Matthew_Opoka
Level 2

Is there any way to get rid of the vmware hostname ip addresses?

Andrew_K
Level 3
Partner

I agree, I would use the Object merger, seen this with physical clients in VBR.