cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPsCenter 7.1 deduplication reports with data domain

LT2000
Level 4

I've done various searches on this and was not able to find a definitive doc on the following:

Does Opscenter analytics 7.1.0.3 report on deduplication statistics on Data Domain (using OST and VTL) on 6.5.6 masters?

We are getting "no data" when trying to get dedupe reports, and I suspect it may not be supported.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

As far as I've been able to find, the deduplication reports in OpsCenter only refer to Puredisk/NBU dedupe, not to any 3rd party dedupe appliance. 

For Data Domain dedupe reports, they have their own built-in reporting in Enterprise Manager.  Unfortunately, they don't do any combined reporting across multiple DD's, only individual device reports/graphs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RonCaplinger
Level 6

As far as I've been able to find, the deduplication reports in OpsCenter only refer to Puredisk/NBU dedupe, not to any 3rd party dedupe appliance. 

For Data Domain dedupe reports, they have their own built-in reporting in Enterprise Manager.  Unfortunately, they don't do any combined reporting across multiple DD's, only individual device reports/graphs.

LT2000
Level 4

I am waiting on confirmation from Symantec, but that certainly seems to be the case.

chengfr
Level 3

Here is what I did.

1. Establish no-password SSH access from a Linux/Unix host to DD appliance.

2. Write a script with command "filesys show compression xxx" and redirect output to a reposioty

3. Set the cronjob to run the above script everyday.

You may then play with the output file to make a report.

Regards