cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ops Center 7.7.2 - JOB Collection not functioning

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have recently upgraded a small Netbackup environment from 7506 to 772, and following upgrade the JOB element of the data collection into Ops Center is not functioning.

I firstly upgraded Ops Center to 772, followed by the Master Server.  Both are running on the same W2K8R2 server as this is a small installation with a single NBU Master/Media server.

I noticed after a short while that there is NO Job data since the upgrade was performed.

I have performed a DEFRAG of the Ops Center database, recycled Ops center, recycled NBU services and finally rebooted the W2K8R2 server - all with no effect.

The Master server is showing as partially connected and The error i am seeing on the JOB data type is as follows:

[Nbsl/Agent communication exception]: ErrorCode - 25 : cannot connect on socket (Can not connect to Remote Service:[bpjobd-server name])

As this is on the same server there should be no issues with communications - and Windows Firewall is set to off.

Any advice appreciated......

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This turned out to be an issue with the Ops Center database during upgrade from 7.5 (specifically) to 7.7.2.  The last collected date/time was not being updated correctly and it appeared that the date was in the future - hence data collection failed.

Support manually corrected the database via SQL query and all was well.

AJ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Shaf
Level 6

Hey

do you still having this issue.

check the nbsl process running on master server

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes - still having issue - NBSL service is running on master.

AJ.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Support case opened and working with Veritas at present.

AJ

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This turned out to be an issue with the Ops Center database during upgrade from 7.5 (specifically) to 7.7.2.  The last collected date/time was not being updated correctly and it appeared that the date was in the future - hence data collection failed.

Support manually corrected the database via SQL query and all was well.

AJ